Bottle Feeding Past the Age of 12 Months
- leads to a drastically increased caries risk.
- infants should not be put to sleep with a bottle containing a liquid other than water.
- infants should be encouraged to drink from a cup prior to their first birthday.
- infants should be weaned from the bottle at 12-14 months of age.
- infants should start to supplement their diet with nonliquids at 4-6 months of age.
- juices should only be offered from a cup.
- oral hygiene should be started with eruption of the first primary tooth.
- within six month of eruption of the first tooth (no later than the first birthday) it is time for the first dental visit.